10 April 2017

Miam Patisserie, Pyrmont (9 April 2017)

140/313 Harris St, Pyrmont NSW 2009
https://www.instagram.com/miam.syd/


For the love of matcha, not

Inspired by a blog post by Grab Your Fork brings me to check out Miam Patisserie in the same weekend. Cappuccino ($3.50) using Sovereign Speciality Coffee Roasters is made well and comes with a nice little caramelised petit four biscuit on the side. Babyccinos are free and come in a paper cups and served mostly as milk rather than froth. Miss 5 year old picked the Matcha Concord - matcha dacquoise, matcha ganache, matcha meringue sticks ($9). I think I've learnt that I actually don't like matcha. I've tried it plenty of times but I still can't quite get into this acquired taste for me like so many others that go crazy for it. In any case this dessert will probably please the matcha lovers out there. It had good texture and technique and my 5 year old loved picking off the meringue sticks. Black Sesame Cookie ($4) was given kindly as a sample to try. My 2 year old loved it and pretty much ate the whole think without wanting to share it.  There's some seating inside and a few tables and chairs outside. Staff are friendly and there's plenty of choices of desserts to tempt. I think the Upsidedown Plum Chocolate Cake or Jasmine Chiffon Cake would have been more to my palates liking and I think I better leave the matcha to the hardcore fans in the future.



Miam Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map