21 August 2009

Home Cooking: BBQ Pork Ribs (11 August 2009)


I Love Ribs!

What's your favourite restaurant for ribs?

Ribs are one of my favourite carnivore dishes. This is my attempt at cooking them but I still need to try and perfect them. I realised half way through cooking them in the oven that I forgot to add some honey in my marinate which I've done before to help give them a nice glaze and sweetness so I brushed a bit on for the rest of the time they were cooking. The marinate was primarily a jar of pork ribs sauce I bought from my local Asian supermarket and I then added as many spices and sauces that I thought might go with it. I only had about 30 minutes for marinating but longer would have be much better. I cooked them on a rack for about an hour on about 180-200 degrees.

Ingredients added to marinate

Plus some honey to make it glaze nicely

Marinate and place on oven baking rack

BBQ Pork Ribs with stir fried vegetables, Chef Leong :-)

Kitchen tile

4 comments:

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

oh yum! I loovvvveeeee pork ribs! I love making them in the oven too. My brother loves bbqing them. I've love to hear if anyone knows good places in melbourne for ribs.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love ribs. I can safely say that my mum makes the best asian style ribs ever! THankfully she has briefed me on how to make them. Where you get the ribs is v important too.

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

I love ribs tooo... and we have the same brand of honey..lol

Jamie said...

Ah, thank heavens you give instructions for oven baking ribs! We love them, but have no outside grill! That sauce looks fantastic! I must make them now!

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map